Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Festool, DeWalt, or Makita?

"Morris Dovey" wrote

Save some of your hard-earned cash - just replace the 1 x 4 with a piece
of 1/8" x 1-1/2" aluminum angle.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Every piece of angle aluminum I've had access to wasn't *exactly* straight.
I need a "benchmark". a "master", "something" that's absolutely straight. I
do a little metal work now and then and I have several pieces of angle iron
of various sizes. None of them are straight enough for me and that includes
an 10' piece of 2X2 square tube, 12 gauge. Even it has a slight bow in it.
I paid $20 for a 10' piece of 1X2 aluminum tube that I thought would work
but it had a slight bow.
I like your suggestion but I think I would have a difficult time
implementing it.

Max