Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Why do razor blades get dull so fast?

On 3/30/2010 6:10 AM, mike wrote:

Winston wrote:
On 3/29/2010 4:33 AM, mike wrote:

Ha, another reason I should get me one of those cleaners, thanks!

Shore. My Branson B200 still works well after about a decade.
See eBay 360242033356 for example.

I had a look, also did a froogle-google search, I hadn't realized the
prices were becoming so affordable.

Just wondering , is the capacity, both volume and wattage, suitable
for most anything you've wanted to use it for?

Most anything, yes.
Occasionally I get a gunky part that begs for the ultrasound
treatment but is much too big for the little B200.
Sometimes I lean it in anyway and do just a section at a time.

It is just like most any tool. A month after I buy one, I
wonder why I didn't get the bigger one in the first place!

Any caveats on what brands to avoid? I see HF Tools has a 2.5
liter one on sale for $80, which I think has been discussed here
before, I wonder if anyone has used it, and is
there any good reason to go with a bigger capacity such as
that one (item 95563), or a good reason to steer clear of it
rather than become the 'product tester' myself: or, is that
much more volume overkill - I know, I know, that's one of those ?'s
that may warrant an answer such as 'well, it depends...', just
thought I'd ask ...)

Doubtless someone will pipe up with other recommendations and
advice. I've exhausted my knowledge on the subject.
That never takes too long!

Definitely sounds like a handy thing to have around.

That it is.

--Winston