Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anniversary of an amazingly enduring design

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:59:48 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:55:09 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:45:42 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:24:43 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Zero would be my preference. I just don't want to have any real
possibility of going empty in any reasonably probable scenario.

Average number of rounds fired in a self defense shooting
situation...2.5 G

Average range, 7 yrds

I think you are going to be pretty safe with a 8 rd weapon that can
actually stop someone with the first round. That unfortunately cant be
said of the 9mm

And how long does it usually take to get that 2nd or 3rd round off?

.2 seconds for the average shooter.

Not with my Keltec P-11. It has a three inch/15lb pull trigger.
Gotta learn to bumpfire the SKS for bigger parties. evil grinne

I can fire 6 rounds in .85 seconds on 3 seperate targets spaced 5'
apart (currently), but as is known..Ive been away from competition
shooting for a few years and the stroke didnt help much.

Shrug. Think thats fast enough? Lots and lots of guys are much much
much faster. During my competition days...that time was below .5
seconds

Yabbut, how many of those guys are going to come gunning for you in
your home, etc? I think the average bad guy shoots a bit mroe slowly,
but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

The average bad guy only kills 20% of the people he actually shoots.

Good!

The average good guy does much better.

Much better news!

Did you have a better stat page for me? You didn't address that.

\
Which stats are you looking for?

You answered it handily with your post full of links to Pete
yesterday. I was looking for stopping power by caliber charts.
Interestingly enough, some of the one-stop stats for the Golden Sabers
are low. 9mm CorBon +P = 91%, 9mm Rem Golden Saber +P = 83%.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/handgun_power_chart.htm

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren