Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
James Salisbury[_3_] James Salisbury[_3_] is offline

Default Limescale Removal

PeterC wrote:
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:04:49 +0100, James Salisbury wrote:

John wrote:
Hi Guys,
I rent out a property and the toilet bowl is heavily limescaled
in the pan below the water line. What is the best product/solution to
remove it?

Cheers

John

Try harpic power liquid and tablets at most good supermarkets.

In Wilkinsons t'other day there was Harpic descaler for 97p; it hhas
hydrochloric acid in and is also quite viscous so easier to handle.

As I said the power version has hydrochloric acid and has the nossle to
squirt round the rim. You may need the tablets to help, or bail out the
pan.. It may take several applications and a very good brush..