Posted to rec.woodworking
LDosser LDosser is offline

Default Adjustable Height Workbench

"jack-bench.com" wrote in message
HI, I am new to this group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is
Charlie and I live in Minnesota. A few years ago I got a backache
because my workbench was too low for the work I was doing. If I
raised it up any higher it would be too high for other things and it
would interfere with passing wood across my table saw. I decided I
wanted an adjustable height workbench.

I was not able to find anything that met my criteria, so I designed my
own adjustable height workbench. I also incorporated a mobile base
into the design.

I built it thinking that I was building my "dream bench", and I was!
After the designing and building process I wanted to show it off, so I
entered it in a local woodworking exhibition. People liked it so much
that I decided to offer plans for it on line. Those plans are now
available. You can learn more about my adjusable height workbench
design at my website: www.jack-bench.com

Please take a look at it and let me know what you think.

Thanks, Charlie

Charlie,

Thanks for posting this. I may be one of the few who actually spent some
time Reading your web site. I discovered that the you gave All the
information needed for a reasonably competent woodworker to reproduce your
work. If the plans are as good as the thought you put into the design of the
bench and the videos on the web site, I'm sure they would make the job
easier. I don't need a workbench at this time, but I may have an application
for an adjustable height "table" and I'm sure going to go with the ideas and
inspiration you have share. If things don't go quite as expected, I may even
buy the plans. )

Hope some others will go back and check the site.

LD