Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anniversary of an amazingly enduring design

"Steve W." wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:27:00 -0500, the infamous "Pete C."
scrawled the following:

Gunner Asch wrote:

--snip of answer to question I asked earlier--

Carry what you want. If you carry a round that has minimal "stopping
power", with luck, he might let you shoot him until he actually does go
down.
If not..he might simply kill you.

Something to consider when carrying a firearm in the Real World

Gunner
45acp with 230gr Golden Sabres
357 Mag with 125gr JHP
.41 Mag with 210gr Golden Sabres
My 9mm typically has either the 124gr JHP Golden Sabers, or 124gr FMJ
Rangers. I also don't aim for CoM.

Mine has Remington UMC 115gr JHP, 'cuz they were cheap for practice. I
should buy some real ammo some time, huh?

I guess that in the extra 0.4 secs it takes to put 2 more 9mm rounds
in a bad guy, he won't be doing too much to stop us...IF we get off
the first shot, or make our first shot count.

So, you make headshots, just in case they're wearing armor?
Good show, Pete.

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren

One thing with a head shot, usually ONE is enough to stop the perp...

Now if your carry piece is a .454 Casull or a .500 S&W or other hand
cannon, Well lets just say a head shot is REALLY messy.... COM may be a
bit better for the ME to clean up.

Then use a M72. ;-)