N. Thornton

Default Electrics and Expandable foam

In article , Andy
Dingley wrote:

UPVC doesn't have the plasticisers of PVC insulation either. I
wouldn't trust insulation in long-term contact with foam unless I had
some test results for how it held up. There are a lot of solvents
that _are_ known to have an adverse reaction on cable.

Hi

Polystyrene foam and PVC cable are a known problem. I gather the
polystyrene slowly turns the PVC to goo somehow, and the result is
eventual fire.

So, as has been said, it doesnt sound like a fire tomorrow type
situation, but I would say it really does need fixing, along with any
other places they've done this.

Also check the building for polystyrene balls insulation, thats
usually where these problems arise.

Regards, NT