Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default Anniversary of an amazingly enduring design

Buerste wrote:
"Don Foreman" wrote in message
Monday, March 29, is the 99th anniversary of the legendary 1911
semiautomatic pistol designed by John Moses Browning.

snip

JB had a gift! I have a few of his designs and I appreciate them. I have a
P08 that is truely a work of art but hasn't the practicality, durability or
ease of mfg. of the 1911. The bad side is that many of my handguns,
especially the P08 are now too valuable as "collector" pieces that I'm
afraid to use them. The last appraisal I had on the P08 was over $4k, I
wish I had one to shoot!

Shooter grade P08s are readily available for under $1000
Indulge yourself !