Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anniversary of an amazingly enduring design

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:48:19 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

Most people don't seem to find the recoil of a 1911 to be an issue.
There is recoil, but it's "mellow" rather than "sharp" like a .40S&W
or 10mm

Before I sold it, I took my 16 year old daughter out to a nearby range
and let her shoot my Combat Commander. I gave her a brief talk on how to
hold it, and she had zero trouble. I shot video from the side, the
recoil is apparent, but she had no trouble coming right back down on
target. It was btw, the first handgun she ever fired.

Jon

Ive taught literally hundreds of people to shoot handguns, and very few
have had any trouble with the .45

My wife 110lbs, 5'2", was rated #2 in the state for a number of years
in combat shooting..with full house 230 grain 45 ammo.

Its hardly an "uncontrollable beast"

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.