Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Anniversary of an amazingly enduring design

Don Foreman wrote:

Most people don't seem to find the recoil of a 1911 to be an issue.
There is recoil, but it's "mellow" rather than "sharp" like a .40S&W
or 10mm

Before I sold it, I took my 16 year old daughter out to a nearby range
and let her shoot my Combat Commander. I gave her a brief talk on how to
hold it, and she had zero trouble. I shot video from the side, the
recoil is apparent, but she had no trouble coming right back down on
target. It was btw, the first handgun she ever fired.

Jon