Posted to rec.woodworking
LDosser LDosser is offline

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
On 3/28/2010 7:38 AM, Nova wrote:
Upscale wrote:

snip

Had my car tossed on the American side coming back from BC one time.
Guy asked if I bought anything and I told him the truth: nothing I
didn't consume.

Probably would have been easier for you if you had declared
*something*. I have no doubt that border guards are chosen partially
because they have a suspicious nature.

Over the years I found that the border guards expect a simple yes/no
answer to their questions. They don't seem to appreciate ANY attempts at
humor.

Sometimes you wonder how to answer them and why they bothered to ask. Car
is covered with Canadian mud, guard asks "are you bringing back any
soil?". I don't have any in containers or anything but the car is covered
with it. I told him "no" and he didn't object.

Gets out of car, kicks boots on tires: "Not now!"

Leaves custom's station three hours later...