Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 11:46:41 -0500, the infamous
" scrawled the
following:

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 07:38:48 -0400, Nova wrote:

Upscale wrote:

snip

Had my car tossed on the American side coming back from BC one time. Guy
asked if I bought anything and I told him the truth: nothing I didn't
consume.

Probably would have been easier for you if you had declared
*something*. I have no doubt that border guards are chosen partially
because they have a suspicious nature.

Over the years I found that the border guards expect a simple yes/no
answer to their questions. They don't seem to appreciate ANY attempts at
humor.

You got that right. SWMBO giggled once when the Canuck side guard asked if we
were bringing in weapons or more than $10K in cash. She thought the idea of
carrying $10K was funny. Perhaps, but that was no place for humor.

"Well, sir, we have lots of weapons now and will be bringing back well
over $10k in cash on the way back. Thanks for asking. You guys are so
cheerful and polite!"

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-