Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anniversary of an amazingly enduring design

Remember they had IBM and DEC computers for some of it.
Slide rule was the fast track but reams of numbers can be generated
overnight to be used the next day.

Martin - knows something of the Sky Lab Nav-Comm bay... :-)

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

And, he didn't have AutoCAD or Alibre to do his designs VBG

Karl

Neither did NASA when we went to the moon.

I wonder how much sooner we would have got there if the engineers had a scientific
calculator instead of those books of logarithms?

Wes