Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mitered Half-Laps

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:41:28 -0500, the infamous -MIKE-
scrawled the following:

On 3/27/10 10:50 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Very clever; however, the Jeopardy Show might voice an objection
unless you are willing to pay for the right to use their material.

"Sneaking up on it" doesn't do much for me.

Isn't "Tooling" is supposed to eliminate the need to sneak up on it?

My thoughts exactly. I'd have mounted the board in a jig and used a
much larger bit with guide to take it at the line, then quickly pare
off the rest of the field in 1/10th the time and effort.shrug

Larry, honestly, I try to like you but when you write these juvenile
little action scripts, shrug sigh etc., it come across as very
condescending and immature.

Well, my posts are not intended to be that way. shrug When you
detect a whole lot of facetiousness in a post, consider it humor, eh?

A tenon jig would have been a whole lot quicker, too, including
building the 45-degree tenoning jig.

How about you guys take some videos and post them.

No camera, and far too much crap in the shop to take pics of it. =:0

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-