Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Anniversary of an amazingly enduring design

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

If I want an accurate handgun I pick my revolvers or my T/C Contender
depending on use.

One of the gun magazines reported at the time that the SSM was the most
accurate revolver, out-of-the-box, that they had ever tested. It can shoot a
lot straighter than I can.

I don't doubt it is very accurate. A solid chunk of metal that keeps your hand steady and
a round with enough power for many things that isn't a burden to cope with.

Every shooter should have a few reference guns. If you can't shoot well with an
intrinsicly accurate rifle or pistol, then the firearm you are playing with may not be at
fault if you get lousy results.

If I'm playing with a hard recoiling firearm, I like to check myself out shooting an
accurate .22 pistol or rifle depending on what I'm playing with. If I can't shoot the ez
gun well, I have no business wasting time and money on the hard gun.

Wes