Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom B[_6_] Tom B[_6_] is offline

Default Time to split the group?

snippage

FWIW, I'm on your side. It's easy enough to skip over the threads,
but somedays there aren't any woodworking posts because almost everyone
seemed to have used up their energy arguing about politics instead!

It's also a shame to see yourself on the other side of the fence in a
political
thread with someone you otherwise thought of as a decent human being!
: )
Because of this phenomenon, political threads may break down rather than
strengthen (our) community.

Where I work, we try to view the world without political boundaries. The
system only seems
to break down when a participant entity commits some "act of hate" which
is
considered by the rest of the whole as "unconscionable", sort of like a
mini-
"United Nations".

Bill

These are unprecedented times, the dangers are real... the concerns
legitimate.
Granted this wasn't intended to be a forum for such, but has evolved into an
eclectic group of strong minded people, none of whom shirk the rights of the
1st Amendment.
It is hoped that they all will at least conform to the "OT" preface to their
subject line. If so those uninterested can easily avoid those posts.
I agree that this is primarily a woodworking group (and wouldn't have it any
other way) in truth however, I don't miss the posts about Norms brads!
Tom