Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mineral Spirits?

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:37:24 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:12:03 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Sonny
scrawled the following:

Ok. Quite a bit of back and forth, here, so I'll recap and update.
Maybe I should have given more details in the original post.

It was purchased at Wal-Mart and I did not read the label when I
bought it... it was the Green product, by Klean Strip.

However, I would still expect it to be and perform as, otherwise,
normal (for me) mineral spirits, green or not. It shouldn't matter
what kind of mineral spirits it is, it should perform as one would
expect of MS.

If you expect ANY green product to work as well as its chemical
counterpart, you're in for continual disappointment, Sonny.
They invariably mean a -lot- more work and they're usually not as good
in the cleaning department. Citrus strippers are one of the few
exceptions to that rule. "But you're saving the planet."

I returned the Green and bought some clear. My project is coming
along nicely, now.

You bet.

using an ounce of the real stuff, or wasting a pint of the "green" -
whixh is worse for the environment?? Even the "green " isn't harmless.