Posted to rec.woodworking
Garagewoodworks Garagewoodworks is offline

Default Mitered Half-Laps

On Mar 28, 1:24*pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 06:44:58 -0700 (PDT), GarageWoodworks

wrote:
On Mar 27, 3:43 am, GarageWoodworks
wrote:
Just put this together:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

Comments welcomed.

Thanks to all that checked out the video! *Like I said at the end,
there are a half-dozen other ways to do this, but this is my
preferred.
I sincerely appreciate your feedback.
--with the exception of one mean dude. *:^(

I really like your videos and have learned a lot from them (and will review
them as needed . *I too was disappointed in the "sneak up on" advice. That's
the part that always bites me. *The jig is a fantastic idea (a hint on how to
make them would be nice) and I'll steal that part, however I'll do my best to
figure out a way around the "sneak up on" part. *

IS there a reason you used such a small router bit?

yes, I don't own the guide bushing I needed for the larger bit. The
other large guide bushings that I do own were to tall and extended
above my 1/2 mdf jig.

I'm sure there must be a way around sneaking up on it and would to
hear of any working solutions. Thanks!

*It would seem like a 1/2"
bit in a 3/4" bushing, or some such, would be easier and give a known "sneak
up" factor.