Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

"Lew Hodgett" wrote
I don't object to drug manufacturers advertising; however, I do object to
drug manufacturers lobbying the end user market via TV to pressure the
medical professionals to prescribe their drugs.

They want to advertise, fine, advertise directly to the medical
professionals, not the medically untrained as they presently do.

Obviously, that is the intent of the advertising, but consumers have an
obligation to themselves to know what medication is available. Doctors do
make errors, miss a diagnosis, prescribe the wrong medication, etc.. Good
doctors welcome discussion of their treatment as does the patient deserve to
know all the options available.

Just as important, without advertising, I'd not know what to do with an
erection lasting more that four hours. Used to be I'd just invite some
friends and neighbors (female) over to enjoy it with me and get some use out
of it. I was wrong, I guess.