Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Don't ever kid yourself. There is a huge appetite among the people
for Other People's Money. Something approxiating 50% of the people
get more back than they pay into the system and then wail about how
unfair it is that they can't get more.

My bull**** alarm is ringing on this one Tim. You'll have to
substantiate this statement. That doesn't even seem like it could
be close to reality. --

-Mike-

I don't know the percentages, but it can and does happen. I've seen
the tax forms from a couple of people in that position. They are low
income but get all sorts of credits. I did my grandson's taxes for
last year. He is getting pack more than he paid in.

I agree that it happens, and that there are even programs that make that
something less than an anomoly, but I question the 50% number you used, as
well as the last statement "and then wail about how unfair it is that they
can't get more".

--

-Mike-