Posted to rec.woodworking
Paul T.[_2_] Paul T.[_2_] is offline

Default A machine question -- on topic!

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 00:48:09 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

Not a tool, but a "Craftsman" miter saw stand, from Highland
Woodworking or somesuch, $149.99 on closeout for 39.99, and Leon
literally twisted my arm and made me buy it! (I think he was
interested but needed to see what it looked like before he spent his
money!)

Anyhow, the rubber feet wouldn't fit the tubular legs, the wheels are
in an awkward place, and the whole thing is basically an accident
looking for a place to happen ... it's been stored in a corner with
never a saw mounted on it yet.

Leon took one look at it, up went his nose, and immediately wanted to
know why I would ever, fergawrdssakes, buy such a thing?!

I have this one and it's awesome.
http://xrl.us/mitersawstand

I have one from HF that is similar. It has more pull out supports. I
wouldn't give up this table.

Paul T.