Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Time to split the group?

" wrote in
:

On Mar 27, 1:28*pm, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Some time ago, I looked in to whether or not some groups split so the
"familiar spirits" could talk about politics. *The only group I found

as
rec.games.chess.politics

You are kidding, right?

Many times I have suggested that the screaming pundits that nest here
take it to

alt.politics

which should be their cup of tea. That newsgroup has been around
forever, and is so radical both ways that it even scares the hell out
of the spammers.

Apparently it scares the hell out of the experts here too, as they
never seem to tire of expulsing their favorite news network's newest
opinions here, not there.

And with the *tiniest* most minuscule bit of effort, one could type in
"political forum" in the Google search bar and easily find HUNDREDS of
groups (moderated and unmoderated) that cater to their own particular
flavor or vitriol.

Robert

That's not quite the point I was trying to make. They don't want to
discuss politics with the internet at large, they want to discuss them
with the guys here, on this group. I could find no group that had split
so the people on the group could have their own private political
discussions. At least not following the pattern *.something.politics.

Puckdropper