Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mike[_12_] mike[_12_] is offline

Default Why do razor blades get dull so fast?

Roger Shoaf wrote:
wrote in message
Is there some abrasive in my beard?
Is the water corroding the edge?

Bingo! The razor does not appreciably dull from actual use, as the hair is
a whole lot softer than the steel.

If you clean it well in fresh water then give it a blast of dry air with the
hair dryer followed with either a shot of WD40 or dunk it in vegitable oil
you can get over six months according to the super cheap skates.

One thing that I noticed to give me several months out of each
disposable blade
cartridge, was leaving the shaving lather to sit in place for a couple
minutes before
taking razor to it - (I keep a beard, so am talking about shaving only
neck and
cheeks). Also, rinse the razor in COLD water after every couple
strokes, saw that
in a movie once 8^).

Mike