Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Mitered Half-Laps

On 3/27/10 10:37 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"GarageWoodworks" wrote
Very clever; however, the Jeopardy Show might voice an objection
unless you are willing to pay for the right to use their material.

Are you serious?

I've heard many horror stores of companies going after anyone infringing
upon their copyrights. Disney is one of the toughest. If grandma make a
Mickey image on baby's bib, don't go to Disney World wearing it.

Bull****.

ASCAP
has gone after stores playing music in stores. You'd probably only get a
cease and desist order if it is non-commercial, but I'd not use anyone's
music or images unless they are in the public domain.

That would be performance to an audience (customers) for commercial
gain. They have whole division set up just to track down stores who
don't pay the public performance fees. That's because there are
thousands of stores playing music to millions of customers and it's been
proven that the music makes them buy more=commercial gain.

They're not going to waste time and resources going after someone who
uses they're outdated theme song as a parody in a video on an obscure
website that gets a few hundred hits.

Even if it was on youtube, getting a million hits and he was generating
ad revenue, it would probably fall under the under 30 seconds fair use
rules.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)