Posted to rec.woodworking
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default A machine question -- on topic!

On Mar 27, 1:24*pm, "
wrote:
Ok, here's my contribution to *more woodworking set of topics:

We just had a thread about favorite tool, here's the alternative:

What tool did you buy, that 1) you never used beyond once or twice or
2) ended up being worthless and you kept it anyway.

Here's mine:

Years ago, I bought a guide for cutting sheets of plywood. Cost me
over
$100 and I only used it once. I still have it.

Your turn.

MJ

My worst tool buy was a Skill 1/4 sheet orbital sander. The spring
loaded clamps which were used to mount the sandpaper were better
suited to break finger nails, and vibrate the nrves in your arm.
Finally just tossed it.

Note to Swingman;
The ill fitting rubber crutch tips which don't quite fit the legs of
those saw stands can be gotten on if you boil the tips. That softens
them enough to squeeze them on.
Joe G