Posted to rec.woodworking
LDosser LDosser is offline

Default Polarization Rampant - Woodworking Topics - almost zilch

"charlie b" wrote in message
At least in the past, FLAME WARS were mainly woodworking related. But
for the most part, name calling and such was kept to a minimum, and
often valuable woodworking information was learned.

Politics, especially polarizing politics doesn't do much in the way of
producing any useful woodworking information and frankly, there are
other news groups dedicated to politics that seem, at least to me, to be
a better place for political exchanges - that go on and on and on and on
and . . .

So - a question.

Why all the plans for Arts & Craft / Greene & Greene / Stickley pieces
in magazines - and NONE on chinese furniture and joinery. There's a
long and
deep pool of joinery and design waiting to be tapped by an editor and I
for one
am awaiting some of that info with great anticipation.

What would you like to see woodworking magazines get into?

charlie b

Here's a couple of magazines I wish were still published:

'Scale Woodcraft' last issues I have are from 1985. Issue to hand has
articles on forming architectural model moldings and how to photograph your
work.

'Maritime Life and Traditions' I think this disappeared around 2000. Issue
at hand contains articles on building a full sized replica of a three-masted
barque built in Quebec in 1845 and an article on constructing model boats.