Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Time to split the group?

wrote in message
Naw.

If the political geniuses and experts that spew their sewage here went
to a real unmoderated political arenas on the web, they would only be
a voice in the crowd trying to be heard above the din.

Here, they can sound off their indignance and be heard as their
politics aren't the focus of this venue. This is like going to a
cooking school and watching people cook. The guy that gets the most
attention is the guy that burns himself or sets his food in fire, not
the guys that are doing what they are supposed to do.

Being a somebody is difficult these days.

Besides, if you notice, the group is already split.

it is the same guys over and over and over and over and over and over

and over and over
and over and over
and over and over
and over and over

that start, participate and grind the political threads on and on.

FWIW, I'm on your side. It's easy enough to skip over the threads,
but somedays there aren't any woodworking posts because almost everyone
seemed to have used up their energy arguing about politics instead!

It's also a shame to see yourself on the other side of the fence in a
political
thread with someone you otherwise thought of as a decent human being! : )
Because of this phenomenon, political threads may break down rather than
strengthen (our) community.

Where I work, we try to view the world without political boundaries. The
system only seems
to break down when a participant entity commits some "act of hate" which is
considered by the rest of the whole as "unconscionable", sort of like a
mini-
"United Nations".

Bill