David F. Eisan

Default Surprising Review - Chinese Delta 14" Bandsaw 28-206/276

Dan,

I may be mis-informed Dave, I'll get back to you on that one

My day job is as sales manager at one of Ontario's largest tool stores, so I
am quite sure about what I said. I know many people at Delta and several at
King Canada.

You or someone else might be speculating they are the same company because
of the similarity of some of the newer (in the last two years) King
equipment to items Delta has been making for years. When Delta abandoned
their factories in Taiwan to make their tools for a few bucks less in some
far corner of China, this left factories with product lines and no buyer. In
steps King and buys the same product Delta used to.

For example, the 37-190 (now a JT360) open stand 6" jointer looks just like
a King KC-150C.

That might be where you or someone you know got the idea from.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/
Archives http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search