Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth[_4_] FrozenNorth[_4_] is offline

Default A machine question -- on topic!

On 3/27/10 1:32 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message
Ok, here's my contribution to more woodworking set of topics:

We just had a thread about favorite tool, here's the alternative:

What tool did you buy, that 1) you never used beyond once or twice or
2) ended up being worthless and you kept it anyway.

Here's mine:

Years ago, I bought a guide for cutting sheets of plywood. Cost me
over
$100 and I only used it once. I still have it.

Your turn.

MJ

Some times the "quality" of the tool and the "ease of use" and the "what
you would expect" factor in as to whether you would use the tool more than
once.

I am very close to buying "another" guide for cutting plywood sheets. My
first one sucked, and was a PIA to use. My next one made by Festool will
come with a Festool circular saw. That guide is stupid easy, conveinent,
and probably more than what you would expect from a guide.

After that

PC Detail Sander tops the list.

Got the Dremel Detail Sander, rather use a piece of sandpaper in my hand.

--
Froz...