Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Montgomery Robert Montgomery is offline

Default Quiet, lightweight upholstery electric staple gun

Puckdropper wrote:

I have a 5 gallon tank I use for my air brush. It lets me have several
minutes of run time before I have to take it back over to the compressor
and fill it up.

Thanks, Puckdropper.

I'm curious to know why your compressor alone wouldn't have enough air
to power your airbrush. I airbrushed about 20 years ago, using a little
Badger compressor and there was no cycling; I was able to work
uninterrupted because there was no loss of air pressure from the
compressor. There was a constant, quiet purr from the motor as long as
the compressor was plugged into an outlet. Maybe you're using a big,
more powerful airbrush that requires more air?

It can be a hassle to take it to a gas station and fill
it if you have to every day.

I agree. I think I'd rather buy a compressor and try to get a box made
for it, cover the inside with carpet scraps as suggested and station the
boxed compressor my balcony. (As long as the hose would be at least 15
feet long, because that's how far the hose would have to stretch to
reach my stapling workstation.)

Robert