Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Major Sea Changes

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:10:15 -0700, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:20:26 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone
scrawled the following:

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:01:40 -0500, the infamous Upscale
scrawled the following:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:02:52 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Suppose the government told you that you _must_ buy a Unisaw whether
you
want one or not and whether you can afford one or not. Would you say
that that was acceptable? If not then why is them telling you that
you
_must_ buy insurance acceptable?

To bolster your argument you're comparing a table saw to country wide
health insurance?

That's not even remotely on the level of an apples and oranges
comparison. It's just a fall flat, 6 1/2 IQ demonstration of shooting
your foot off with a bazooka.

No, Uppy. He made a valid point.

Why are you in this debate, anyway? You don't even live here!
What do you expect to win?

I have no idea why he's taking the stand he's taking, but what happens
south of the 49th is of great concern to us north of same.

We're watching your economy into slow death spiral, with Obamacare only
the latest and probably not the last rocket to fire.

And our economy is so tied to yours that, frankly, I'm bloody nervous.

_You're_ nervous? You're the one backing the Obamaflush of our
economy! I don't get it. We see our futures in the swirlies and it's
not fun to look at that kind of possibility, especially when it's
initiated by our own leader. shudder

If this healthcare plan goes through as it appears, it'll be like
getting gutshot by that bazooka you mentioned. Half the country will
be working for the gov't and the other half will be whipped, chained,
and working to pay for the overloaded mess. At least until it falls
dead from the weight and strain.

Maybe you will. I'd rather be shooting.

No comment. evil Hoppes #9 grin

--
Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity.
Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand.