Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mineral Spirits?

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:17:22 -0500, Leon wrote:

I prefer mineralspirits for clean up over thinner because it dries
faster. How fast would you say turpentine is compared to mineral
spirits? I might wat to switch again for clean up.

I think you're right on the drying time. I mostly use turpentine for
thinning and to hang my brushes in. I also agree with Lew's response
that it just plain smells better - my age is showing :-).

As "EXT" says, it is more expensive. I wouldn't use it for cleanup if I
did that a lot. But for a hobbyist like me and the uses I have for it,
I'm willing to pay a bit more for a renewable resource.

And it must be less toxic - I remember CreoTurpin cough syrup :-).

Re above - it's a joke,son. Turpentine will kill you if you drink very
much of it.