Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy Robert Macy is offline

Default Need a sound recorder, what should I get?

On Mar 26, 11:48*am, (Adrian
Tuddenham) wrote:
Robert Macy wrote:

[...]

Tenant usual thumps (like dragging furniture, or kicking walls) = 60
to 64
Tenant made concussive sounds (like throwing weights on floor) = 66 to
70+, offscale

the morning of March 25, tenant made such sounds from 2:10am through
4:40am. *You try and sleep with someone making noise of this level.

Hells bells! *Have you spoken to the other tenants about this?

Noise levels like that during the night must have woken most of the
immediate neighbours.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
(Remove the ".invalid"s and add ".co.uk" to reply)www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Actually, no one else is greatly affected. Flats are 'sound proofed'
causing sound to only go vertically. Thus from top floor down into
our flat. Absolutely barely hear anything in the hallway outside
origin flat.

Sometimes the tenants below us have pounded on their ceiling (our
floor), evidently thinking it's coming from us. And, that really
catches us in the middle.

According to management, no one else has complained. But that always
strikes me like a customer service complaint response, "No one else
has that problem." ...ok

I did find a tenant adjacent to the offending flat that claimed to
hear, and properly characterize the origin, "sounds like throwing a
ball around the room" and promise to call management, but weasels is
weasels, it never happened. In spite of 3 requests and 3 promises to
complain.

Talk about serrendipitous timing. Just today caught part of a Korean
TV KBS show called 3 Days. In the segment I caught, a Sr. Program
Director corrects a rooky PD who is editing a piece to be shown later
that night. The rooky PD had used the phrase "irritating deciBel
level" and the Sr PD corrected him saying, "That's confusing. Be
specific. Just, say 70 deciBels." They think 70 dB is irritating! We
get hit with over 72 to 74 dB from the tenant above!