Posted to rec.woodworking

Default U.S. health care by the numbers

Upscale wrote:
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:19:59 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
You're wrong on this one Dave. At least down here, there is an
entire class of people who electively remain "poor", in order to
enjoy a lifestyle supported by government programs. Sort of the
unintended consequences of government programs. Regardless, it does
exist, and it will continue to exist.

We have our "street people" who do essentially the same thing despite
programs and processes in place that offer to help them leave their
cycle of poverty.

I was commenting from the point of view of people becoming
intentionally poor just to get free health insurance. People having
been prosperous or at the very least self supporting, do not all of a
sudden give it all up just to get something free. Not in my experience
anyway.

Ok - I missed that.

--

-Mike-