Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default What steel for pry bars?

What's that Lassie? You say that Bob Engelhardt fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:39:48 -0400:

It keep coming back to prying off from behind. As many alternatives
that I try, it's still the best: fastest,easiest, safest.

Bob, how much clearance is there on the other side from where you are
working? If it is several inches, you might have luck with a long
flat blade with a groove down the middle of it( just one nail shank
wide). The blade will need to be thin and edged at the front and get
thicker as it goes back. The increasing thickness lifts the nail(and
tin) away from the ceiling.

--

Dan H.
northshore MA.