Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Slightly OT - Makita gas chainsaws

On Mar 25, 4:44*pm, "Dave" wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

netamerica...

Anyone know anything about these? *I trust the Makita name, but don't know
if they know anything about gas engines. *Or does somebody else make these
for them?

Any info is appreciated...

Dave

Nevermind, I found some reviews on Amazon.com that I didn't see before, and
learned that someone else makes the chainsaws for Makita. *Still need to
find out what happens if I run them on 40:1 gas/oil instead of the specified
50:1 mixture, but that's about it. *Suspect I'll just get an extra gas can,
since they apparently need their own brand of oil and *nothing else* in the
gas. *Either way, with time I'll figure it out. *It just take some
research...

Dave

Why not run 50-1? That is what all those little "one shot" 2 cycle
oil bottles are made for (either one or 2 gallon per). Of course if
you already have something that needs 40-1...

I would not run a richer mix myself. I have used chainsaws for over
30 years in cluding a couplel years back in the 50s. I don't like
breathing the smoky exhaust from 40-1 mixes anymore , plus the
modern saws are not engineered for it.

Makita may say only to use their brand but that is just hype.

Harry K