Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default what to do with leftover fuel oil?

On 3/25/2010 1:11 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:06:53 -0400, wrote:

if I switch from an oil fired boiler to natural gas, what do I do with the
fuel oil that is still in the tank in the cellar? Thanks.

Advertise it on Craigs List. There are people who will come and take
it for you. They might even pay you a small amount of money, but don't
count on that. If you call an oil company to come get it, it will cost
you more than you ever imagined. They will treat it as a hazardous
waste cleanup.

Or not, the hazardous waste moonsuit show only starts when the oil is
spilled. If the oil is in the tank you can call an oil company they will
send someone with a pump and they will pump it out.