Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Dave is offline

Default Slightly OT - Makita gas chainsaws

"Dave" wrote in message
netamerica...
Anyone know anything about these? I trust the Makita name, but don't know
if they know anything about gas engines. Or does somebody else make these
for them?

Any info is appreciated...

Dave

Nevermind, I found some reviews on Amazon.com that I didn't see before, and
learned that someone else makes the chainsaws for Makita. Still need to
find out what happens if I run them on 40:1 gas/oil instead of the specified
50:1 mixture, but that's about it. Suspect I'll just get an extra gas can,
since they apparently need their own brand of oil and *nothing else* in the
gas. Either way, with time I'll figure it out. It just take some
research...

Dave