Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default what to do with leftover fuel oil?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:57:46 -0700, jamesgangnc wrote:

On Mar 25, 3:45Â*pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:38:58 -0500, Pete C. wrote:
Yes, do not try to use it in your diesel car or truck as that is
illegal (transportation fuel taxes)

Hmm, I thought there was some way of paying the taxes and making it all
legal?

Frankly if I had an older diesel car or truck I'd just use it. How are
they going to catch you?

The smell. Oh wait, that's waste veggie oil :-) It does seem extremely
low-risk, but I'm still curious as to what the 'official' routes are. I'm
sure I once read that there was a 'proper' way of declaring it (in the
US) but I forget the details now.

cheers

Jules