Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Shop Made Zero Clearance Insert

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 11:19:04 -0600, MIKE- wrote
(in article ):

On 3/21/10 8:18 AM, Bruce wrote:

These are very easy to make.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadid...earanceInsert#

How well does the surface of the plywood hold up?

-BR

Fine, so far.
I don't see any reason why it shouldn't last as long as the saw....
or blade at least, unless I'm missing something.

I get chips, etc, near where the teeth re-enter. Basically it's from the
hammering that occurs at this spot. I know that oak is a bit splintery and
was wondering if that is my problem. The multiple plies would seem to reduce
this effect, but the softer wood could also help (springier) or hurt (get
beat up more).

I suppose the best thing is to just try and see! I should know in about a
year....

-BR