Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Installing bathroom vent fan in drop ceiling

On Mar 25, 9:43*am, Mike Paulsen wrote:
Mikepier wrote:
I have installed several bathroom vent fans in sheetrock ceiling, but
soon I will be doing one with a drop ceiling.
My question is does the fan still sit flush with the bottom of the
ceiling tile, or does is sit a couple inches above the tile in case
you had to change the tile if it got damaged, wet, etc? I would think
if you made it sit flush with the bottom, there's no way to remove the
tile, other than going through another tile and take apart the fan.

You're on the right track. Look at inline ventilation fans. You put the
fan/motor assembly somewhere out of the way and run flexduct to the inlet..

There's no way I can put the motor in the attic out of the way.
I like the option of putting the fan in the corner of the ceiling, or
at the end of a ceiling grid. You could still remove the tile if you
had to.