Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What steel for pry bars?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 07:08:51 -0400, the infamous Bob Engelhardt
scrawled the following:

Tim Wescott wrote:
Place the jaws of the pliers so that they are just over, but not
engaging the nail head. Push _up_, _hard_. See if that gives you
clearance to grab the head.

No way. But, what DID work was to hold the pliers there and tap _up_
with a hammer. A mallet, actually, with a head big enough to hit both
handles at once.

The majority of nails can be pried from behind, but the rusty ones can't
and this should "work a treat" on them.

Yeah, find a piece of tubing or pipe which is just slightly larger in
diameter than the nail head and create your own puller space.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.