Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Tom B[_6_] Tom B[_6_] is offline

Default The bench seat

Thanks, Leon.
I worried about the Ipe too, but it didn't give any major problems.
I made smaller, simpler molding to set in the paneled area, but it looked
too "busy" so I set them aside.

Tom

"Leon" wrote in message

"Tom B" wrote in message
Mostly quarter sawn cherry, the panels are resawn and book matched from a
piece of a neighbors fallen tree (spalted oak) the molding is Ipe.

Stiking! I'da never guessed Ipe for the molding. I have worked with
lots of Ipe and am not sure I would ever want to tackle turning it into
molding. Spalted oak can really look cool, I have done a few pieces from
some spalted oak out of my fathers front yard trees. It was going to be
fire wood after setting out side for 2 years but I just could not burn it.

Good job!