Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Salisbury[_3_] James Salisbury[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Mobile unlocking and phone numbers

wrote:
Hi All,

Long time no post!

I am considering moving my Nokia 5140 across from Orange to o2, but
don't know much about the process.

There is a little man on the local market who does unlocking for £10
which seems reasonable.

What is involved here?

Does the phone get flashed?

Will I loose all my numbers? If so, can I use the Nokia utility to
backup before the flash and restore after. If so I will have to go
cable shopping.

Am I just worrying about nothing and all the numbers will still be
there?

TIA

Chris

I suspect if you pay the little man a little more he will let you use a
data cable or back them up for you.....