Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default is electric heating likely to become cheaper than gas heatingin future?

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Al 1953 saying
something like:

I'm wondering whether I should fork out for gas central heating in my new
house. However, I wonder if elctric heating will be cheaper than gas
heating after they build the new nuclear power stations. I think that's
what happened in France, isn't it?

"Too cheap to meter", that rings a bell.

never took capital costs into account: That was political spin anyway.

No, I believe that in France, if you are within 20 miles of a nuclear
power station, and a lot of people are, you get free electricity or very
cheap electricity. This changes local peoples perceptions dramatically
when it comes to planning permission....