Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default Question on plumbing average cost- location New England...For new toilet and change pedestal plumbing

"KOS" wrote in message
On Mar 24, 7:05 pm, "h" wrote:
"KOS" wrote in message

Hi... I want to have a new toilet installed in my bathroom.. Already
has plumbing, just want a new toilet.. Also I want to change the
fixtures on my pedestal ..So I will need the plumber to change the old
plumbing fixtures on the pedestal (they were bronze, need to be
brushed) They quoted me, 500-700 to do the work.. I am providing the
toilet and fixtures.. Is that expensive ?

Umm, yeah. I'm not a plumber, and I've done all of that myself, quite a
few
times, and it should take less than 3 hours. Perhaps (usually) there will
be
a side trip to the plumbing store for some random part/pipe/tool, but if
it
takes you longer than 5 hours, you might not want to do it yourself.
Still,
$500+ is WAAAAY high. The last toilet I changed out took less than an
hour.
Faucets are so simple I let my husband do them

My concern with the faucets- remember I already have faucets in the
pedestal.. How do I change the shut off valves?? Right now they are
brass... The new faucets will be brushed- so I will have brushed shut
off valves-- If I could find instructions on how to change the shut
off valves, then I could do it myself.

Why on earth would you want or need to change the shut off valves?