Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Jet Parallel Clamps... NOT Parallel?

On 3/24/2010 4:38 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Am I wrong or are parallel clamps supposed to be parallel?
On my Jets, the end clamp section tilts in a bit and the adjustable end
tilts in a bit (1/32-1/16"), after tightening.

Is there an adjustment procedure with these or are parallel clamps just
supposed to be "close to parallel?"

Considering that a clamp of that type is not machined, nor has the
production engineering methodology for precise tolerances, "close"
probably counts.

My Bessey's are close enough not to worry about, and the results have so
far been perfect enough.

Now, when Festool starts making parallel jaw clamps ....

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08