Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Design for my garage shop

Swingman wrote:
On 3/24/2010 12:23 PM, Bill wrote:
wrote in message
On 3/24/2010 6:12 AM, Swingman wrote:

This appears to be some kind of cable or telephone equipment box, on
it's own meter, a not uncommon piece of equipment, and a perfectly
legitimate installation.

I would not worry about it as it does not appear to have anything to do
with the service to your house.

Meant to add that it is probably a power supply, or battery backup
system,
either for your cable company or telephone company.

All that is inside the small box (that I can see) is a 15A C'breaker.

We do have cable in our area. The little box appears quite old.
Maybe I'll flip the switch and see if the cable goes out .

I would suggest not doing that ... it would like shooting yourself in
the foot.

Certainly agree if he doesn't know what it actually does...if it is some
sort of a cable-co setup that appears it might be, it's surely doing
more than just his one drop...

I'd still wonder if it's actually not just abandoned in place meself,
but perhaps not...the pitchurs are too dark and lack all the pertinents
sections to tell what's actually hooked to what and where, precisely...