Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Quotation of the day...

hamilton wrote:

On 3/24/2010 11:14 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Quotation of the day...

"Let me remind you this has been going on for years. We are bringing
it to a halt. The harsh fact of the matter is when you’re going to
pass legislation that will cover 300 [million] American people in
different ways it takes a long time to do the necessary administrative
steps that have to be taken to put the legislation together
_to_control_the_people_". John Dingell

...Jim Thompson

Just like the "PATRIOT ACT" was a police powers act.

"Health Care Act" is an IRS powers act.

Just wait......

Congressman Cliff Stearns wants you to have the facts about the Senate
Health Care Bill & Veterans

The health care reform bill requires an individual to have “minimum
essential coverage” for health insurance or that person will pay the
individual mandate tax.

The health care bill only explicitly mentions TRICARE for Life as
acceptable coverage.

This means that an unelected bureaucrat will determine if current DOD/VA
programs like:

* CHAMPVA
* TRICARE Prime/Standard/Extra
* the VA Spina Bifida Program for children of Agent Orange victims
* and the VA vocational rehabilitation programs, are insufficient
coverage.

Veterans could be forced to buy a health insurance program on the Health
Exchange in addition to their current TRICARE/CHAMPVA plans.

The House has voted on HR 4887 which would protect TRICARE, but not VA
programs from the Health Care Reform Bill.

Congressman Cliff Stearns (FL-06) is an original cosponsor of HR 4894
(supported by VFW, American Legion, and Disabled American Veterans)
which would explicitly protect CHAMPVA, TRICARE, and ALL VA health care
related programs.