Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Would you buy a new Toyota?

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:18:30 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Mar 24, 1:27*am, Ted Frater wrote:

To answer the headline *question,
* no,
why,?
you cannot have *the smallest chance of a glitch that makes the car go
when you want it to stop.
Its called primary structure.
* Just because it can be done by computer doesnt mean it should be, when
simpler and 100% fail safe solutions are and have been available.
Id go so far to say I would not have one even if it was given to me for
free.

Ted.

I will take all the free ones in a heart beat.

The fuel injection needs to be done with a microprocessor, the simpler
solutions are not good enough.

I would prefer getting free Toyota's with manual transmissions, but
how hard would it be to add a kill switch for ignition system if one
was really worried about the fuel injection system failing?

Dan

Both of my Toyotas came with ignition switches.